Clockwork Solutions, the leader in analytics solutions for data scientists, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our product development team. This hands-on senior engineer must help design, implement, and maintain beautiful software that solves real-world customer problems. This position reports directly to the VP of Development. We are specifically searching for an engineer who can take ownership of our ETL codebase.
A successful Senior Software Engineer begins immediately to:
- Take ownership of the existing source code for our ETL technology (currently includes Python, R, SQL, XSLT);
- Maintain a culture of quality within the development group, especially focusing on delivering measurable results to our customers;
- Become familiar with the Clockwork Solutions technology platform;
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions for other Clockwork Solutions products.
Within 30 days:
- Establishes mutually useful and productive relationships with development team colleagues and product managers;
- Builds a development roadmap for the ETL codebase collaboratively with product managers;
- Defines options for transitioning the ETL codebase to a new underlying technical stack;
- Meaningfully participates in design and development across the entire ETL technology stack (including user interface, API, business logic, data flow, and persistence);
- Helps define testing strategies for the technology along with the QA Lead;
- Helps define deployment strategies for the platform along with the IT/Ops Director.
Within 90 days:
- Substantially completes transition of ETL codebase to new technical stack;
- Trains and mentors other development team colleagues on the ETL codebase;
- Participates in design, implementation, and testing of other Clockwork Solutions products.
About the Development Group
The Development group at Clockwork Solutions is an open, flexible, and cooperative team dedicated to building great software that supports our customers and services team. We value team members who take ownership and work collaboratively, and who can provide leadership and guidance to their peers. Team members are given a large degree of autonomy and responsibility and are expected to chart courses of success for themselves, their colleagues, and especially our customers.